cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with DECNET Adjacencies not coming up

g.soto
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 7206VXR routers each with about 60 serial links (and growing) all running DECNET, in the beginning I only have 20 to 25 serial links on those routers and I have no problems with the DECNET Adjancencies but after the number of adjancencies have been increasing I am having problems when the router is reset (for examle) and not all the DECNET adjancencies come up and what I have to do is to disable DECNET (no decnet cost X) on those interfaces and then begin working again.

I read the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/itg_v1/tr1911.htm

and I find there that only 32 adjancencies could be established by a router, and both of my 7200´s have more than 50, I think this is why I am getting this problem, What can I do to solve this?

I will really apprecciate your help............

Guillermo

1 Reply 1

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

I went through the document mentioned by you. I do not think the limitation is for the whole router, instead it is on the media. In your case, you dont have that limitation because you have all of them only as serial links. So this limitation is not applicable in your case.

Yes, may be you are running into some scalability issues. Try to increase your RAM size on the routers. That might help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: