cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with IGX 8400

fredericomancen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, during an activation of a trunk STM-1 between two nodes (one IGX 8410 and one 8420), my team has a experience that the trunk keeps the status OK, but the communication between the nodes don´t works; displaying the "Loss of signal" error. After some reads of books, consulting the cisco web page, I kill the problem, simply changing the line framing (how can I be so innocent???). But, the strange fact is that after the trunk became up, we experienced several errors, including frame bit errors, and drops of cells. So, we call the company that maintains the link, and after several tests, they don´t find any problem with the optical fiber, with the communication "clean as fresh water"...What can be happening? Did I have any problem with the UXM card? Did I have problems with the connectors? I have in the network 11 IGX nodes, and anyone of they presents this problem. Please, help me.

Tks,

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

There is a bug (CSCdm41049) associated with this . Also , there are chances that the UXM card is faulty.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: