Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Novell and LRE ???

isele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have some Workstations using the Novell Client which are connected via LRE with a Novell Server. My Problem is that the Network speed on this workstation over this LRE connection is very low (<160kbytes/s). I have found out the speed by connecting via FTP to a FTP Server with a networkspeedtest program. If i use my notebook (without Novell Client) i got a speed of >330Kbyte/s (Profile LRE-5). And if i connect one of the Workstations with Novell Client behind the LRE (10Mbit Network) the workstation works with the same speed as my notebook (>800kbyte/s). So why are the PC's with Novell Client so much slower if they are behind a LRE Connection? The Networkdevices in the LRE Connection is a 575CPE connected to a 10Mbit HUB on the side with Workstations having these Problems, and a 2924LRE on the other side. Is this a Novell Problem. Does somebody know a fix for this Problem or a workaround?

Best Regards,

Nikolaus Isele

3 Replies 3

hkrenz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nikolaus, my field-technicans have reported neraly the same problem with Novell IPX and LRE. Up to now, we've also no solution nor workaround.

We use Novell Netware 3.1x and as well Netware 3.2. The IP access over the LRE seems to be ok, nearly 8MBit/s (tested with Fluke test equipment), but the results with IPX seems to be bad, more than 100 times (profile LRE-10). kind regards Harald Krenz

Hi Harald, mabe we should work together on this Problem. Please email me your email address and i will contact you.

Best regards,

Nikolaus Isele

Sorry, i forgot my email.... nikolaus.isele@infraserv.com

Nikolaus Isele

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: