cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with PXM1 module booting (MGX Switch)

brothaluca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have big problems with booting my MGX Switch. I have tried to boot it from backup copy of the firmware of PXM1 card(because of possibly hard drive corruption) and then my Switch, when i try to start it, cant boot corectly. It try to load backup firmware, but there is something wrong in it's memory (log from console as attachment 1 is attached). I thought it was hard drive problem and I removed the hard drive to force it to use my tftp server to get software. Although, there are still problems and my switch is going into loop every time I try to start it (log from console attached as attachment 2). Have you got any idea how can i stop booting and force my switch to use tftp? All I can do is using ASCII terminal at Console Port at PXM1 UI backcard. All other cards (RPM B and other) are down. Is there any procedure to break booting? Help me, please.

Best regards

2 Replies 2

smoosa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

From the capture in the text file, it seems like that you are booting into idtmon mode. Once the card is in this state, it is typically only recoverable at the factory. Please get in touch with TAC and open a service request for this.

Regards

Hello,

Yhank You for your reply and you time. I contacted TAC as you said.

Best regards

Lukas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: