cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with sending email attachments over transparent bridging

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

I got a strange problem. I needed to extend a LAN to a remote site connected to a serial interface on a 7206 VXR. So I made a bridge group and assigned both the fastethernet and serial interface on the same bridge group. Network connectivity is up. When I send a plain text mail, it works fine but the problem is when sending emails with attachments, it will come back with an error "SMTP port 25 Socket error 10053" also while browsing it works fine if you click the links, but if you give a search it will give page expired errors. If I connect a computer physically on the same LAN (to a switch connected to fastethernet) everything works fine. Can this be a problem with bridging. Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

MickPhelps
Level 1
Level 1

I haven't seen this type of error, but it sounds like you're having a problem with fragmentation.

Try doing some pings with payload sizes > 1500.

Also, since you're going over serial, verify your 1s and 0s density by sending pings with payloads of 0x0000 and 0xffff.

You can do this by typing "ping" at the router and following the prompts.

Mick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: