cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with TFTP on Cat4006

FHinkle
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Cat4006 boxes, one with a WS–4232–L3 Router module and about ten 2924C switches, each in their own Vlan, all trunked together using 801.q. I’m trying to backup my configurations to a tftp server. I can do it with no problems from the 2900’s but I can’t from 4006’s nor can I ping the server from them. IP ‘s and Subnet are all fine.

Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

Michael Strnad
Level 1
Level 1

did you put a default gateway on the catalyst. you cannot ping or telnet or anything else without a defualt gateway on a switch. that is my only suggestion. and if you do have a default gateway on the managemnet(native) vlan make sure you don't have any access-lists denying the traffic from the management vlan to vlan the server is located. and i am assuring you have channel group configured for the management(native) vlan and all the other vlans so the 4232 can do intervlan routing between the two.

As for as I can tell there is no default gateway on the 4006's but there is also no default gateway on the 2900's either. The Vlans are set up on sub interface's and I am able to route between them, however Vlan 1(Native) has no ip address set up on it.(That may be my problem?).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco