cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with TFTP on Cat4006

FHinkle
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Cat4006 boxes, one with a WS–4232–L3 Router module and about ten 2924C switches, each in their own Vlan, all trunked together using 801.q. I’m trying to backup my configurations to a tftp server. I can do it with no problems from the 2900’s but I can’t from 4006’s nor can I ping the server from them. IP ‘s and Subnet are all fine.

Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

Michael Strnad
Level 1
Level 1

did you put a default gateway on the catalyst. you cannot ping or telnet or anything else without a defualt gateway on a switch. that is my only suggestion. and if you do have a default gateway on the managemnet(native) vlan make sure you don't have any access-lists denying the traffic from the management vlan to vlan the server is located. and i am assuring you have channel group configured for the management(native) vlan and all the other vlans so the 4232 can do intervlan routing between the two.

As for as I can tell there is no default gateway on the 4006's but there is also no default gateway on the 2900's either. The Vlans are set up on sub interface's and I am able to route between them, however Vlan 1(Native) has no ip address set up on it.(That may be my problem?).