cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pulling configs from RME3.4

tbenton
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to pull the configs completely for all items in RME3.4 without going to the GUI. And also to pull all devices in a batch type file? At the present time we have to pull each individual or few sites from CW but it is needed to pull a complete config for all devices

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You can look at DEE for RME 3.4. The Data Extracting Engine (DEE) 2.0 is a utility that you should install on RME 3.4. It extracts data for devices managed by RME 3.4 from the RME inventory database and configuration archive in the required XML format. DEE 2.0 provides two mechanisms to extract data - A command line utility and a servlet utility, which can be accessed by any client script through HTTP or HTTPS.

r-cantu
Level 1
Level 1

Tony,

What is the desired end result? Are you trying to arhive the configs in a different location, run reports ...?

We would like to pull seperate txt files for each for NOC engineers to be able to quickly access and cut and paste the configurations into the routers. I have been working with syops and he has been trying to get it to work with xml but needs a schema. Any suggestions?

Too bad you can't just cut and paste from the config archive!!

I'm not sure how to script it. Have you considered configuration management software? I might be able to offer some ideas in this area if you can not find a scripted solution. Feel free to e-mail me at richcantu@excite.com.

rcullum
Level 1
Level 1

This might help:

On your Ciscoworks server, if you go to \CSCOpx\files\archive\shadow, there are 3 folders, Cisco_Catalyst_IOS_Switch, Cisco_Catalyst_Switch and Cisco_Router. Each of these contain the last known RME configs for all your managed devices in the format .cfg or .cfg, depending on how the devices are managed by RME. If you open these using a suitable viewer (ie winpad32, wordpad NOT notepad as it won't put in CR/LF properly), then these are effectively .txt files of all your current configs and can be cut/paste accordingly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: