Helpful
Replies

Purpose of CFC for WS-X67xx for 6500

ashish-rohilla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Please help me out understanding the following

1) Purpose of Central forwarding card for WS-67xx module.

2) Will WS-X6704-10GE 10 GE module work without it.

3) Is CFC comes installed on 10GE module when it is despatched from factory if not pls give me url to show how to install it.

I am not able to find any information related to this module on cisco site, if anybody can provide me the URL telling all the details about it.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

3 Replies 3

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

The centralized forwarding mode applies to all modules that do not have a DFC installed. These modules must rely on the centralized forwarding for all forwarding decisions. The centralized forwarding engine is the PFC and is located onboard the supervisor (this principle applies to all supervisor and pfc versions). With centralized forwarding, every packet (and/or packet header) is sent up to the central PFCx for a forwarding decision. As such, the performance of that centralized forwarding system is gated by the lookup capacity of the shared path to the central engine. The capacity of the shared path (in this case, the DBus) is 30 Mpps (compact mode) or 15 Mpps if a classic module is present (Truncated or flow-through mode).

If the 6704 was not ordered with DFC then it will come in CFC.

Hi bosalaza

Can you give me a url frm where i can see how to install CFC in all the cards.

Best Regards

Let's see how should I put this, It's not field upgradeable the CFC for 67xx. There is no need to install it when it's already on the board. 67xx come with either DFC or without DFC. Do you mean DFC?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: