| 2 | NAtive IOS

|___ |

|

|Uplink fibre

|

|VLAN|

| 10| HYBRID IOS

|___ |

Well i have native IOS Cisco 6500 series switch (vlan 2) & hyprid on vlan 10 both are connected thru fibre.well i want to create PVlan 105 Primary 205 isolated PVlan 305 as Community in my case i can configure PVLAn but can any one tell how can my vlan 2 will cary all PVLAN traffic to VLAN 10. since ai am not able to map to router module as in HYPBRID 15/1.i knew the link in cisco but iam not able to map the pvlan in native IOS.

please suggest with configuration how can i do it PVLAN on native IOS with sample configutration.

3 Replies 3

bbranch
Level 3
Level 3

To map the secondary and isolated VLAN's to the Primary VLAN you need to use the associate command:

vlan

private-vlan association

The URL for the config guide is:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/swconfig/pvlans.htm

Hi Tahnks for relpy well u have not understood the problem. i can do everything mapppting isolate & community.in Hybrid IOS i have to command

set pvlan mapping 105 205 15/1.

well in Native ios i cannot map.

As you asked in your first posting,

If your requirement to carry all the PVLAN info(Primary, secondary(Isolate/Community) across the uplink you just need to configure the trunking.

Regarding your second posting

I think your quetion is how to map L2 PVLAN to L3 VLAN interfac in Native IOS as compare to CAT OS.

It is very clearly mentioned in the URL.

1.After you creat your PVLAN (primary and secondary)

2.Associate the secondary VLANs to Primary VLAN

3.Create a L3 VLAN interface for the primary VLAN

and associate L2 PVLANs(secondary) to L3 VLAN interface of primary VLAN

Your case.

1.conf# VLAN 105

Private-VLAN primary

conf# VLAN 205

Private-VLAN isolated

conf# VLAN 305

Private-VLAN community

2.conf#VLAN 105

private-vlan association 205, 305

3.conf#interface VLAN 105

private-vlan mapping 205,305 (this is co-related to CAT OS set pvlan mapping 105 205 15/1)