cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QChip Txmm Noc Decrement Error

dmholmes000
Level 1
Level 1

alright, I have a 6513 with 3 WS-X6548-RJ-45 modules that all report this error after performing a diagnostic test (diagnostic start module * test all). The diagnostic tool shows the modules failing TestLinecardMemory. I haven't been able to find any information on this error other than a fix action stating to replace the module. I'm particularly interested in what would cause this error and if I really need to replace the 3 modules. Any info is appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Bobby Thekkekandam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The message means The Network Output Controller(NOC) tried to decrement the Packet Port Counter(PPC), in Tx Memory Management(TxMM) block for the page from which packet is read out, when it was already 0.

Also, There was a bug filed (internal, not on CCO --CSCeh53974, resolved in 12.2(18)SXF), where the issue was related to the following scenario:

During the asic memory test for this model card, test patterns are written to the QChip ppc (packet port counter) memory. This is caused by the test patterns, which are not meant for normal operation, remaining in the ppc. A soft reset of the QChip after the running of the ppc test solves the issue.

This is certainly inline with what you describe, and I don't believe you are seeing a hardware failure.

HTH,

Bobby

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco