Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

QoS 6500 Sup720 3B - Rate limit 100Mb down to 30Mb

Hi

I have a 6500 with Sup 720 3B and would like to limit a port down from 100Mb to 30Mb.

The router is a perimeter device with a northbound ISP interface of 100Mb and a south bound internal interface of 100Mb.

I want the south bound interface to run at 30Mb rather than the full 100.

I have been digging around and the only well documented solution looks like policing, I would prefer to shape.

I have seen suggestions of srr-queue but this is not supported on this device.

Can anyone offer suggestions please?

Thanks

A

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

DisclaimerThe Author of this

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Shaping isn't generally supported on most 6500 line cards.  (One of the few exceptions is the FlexWAN cards; don't recall if they support Ethernet.)

If you really want to shape, depending on how complex your shaping need are, your least expensive option might be to place a small (8 port) 2960/3560 series switch, in-line.  They support basic port "shaping".

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

DisclaimerThe Author of this

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Shaping isn't generally supported on most 6500 line cards.  (One of the few exceptions is the FlexWAN cards; don't recall if they support Ethernet.)

If you really want to shape, depending on how complex your shaping need are, your least expensive option might be to place a small (8 port) 2960/3560 series switch, in-line.  They support basic port "shaping".

HiThanks for the response. I

Hi

Thanks for the response. I have found an alternate work around which is to use Aggregate Policing with burst and extended burst rate... not ideal, but testing tomorrow and should hopefully do the trick..... I have shared it below.

mls qos aggregate-policer AGGREGATE_POLICER_QOS 30720000 2812000 2812000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

ip access-list extended ACL_AGGREGATE_POLICER_QOS
 remark catch some interesting traffic
 permit [some interesting traffic]
!
class-map match-all CM_AGGREGATE_POLICER_QOS
 match access-group ACL_AGGREGATE_POLICER_QOS
!
policy-map PM_AGGREGATE_POLICER_QOS
 class CM_AGGREGATE_POLICER_QOS
  police aggregate AGGREGATE_POLICER_QOS
!

! note that the policy on the card i am using can be applied inbound only... not sure if there are other methods or bi-dir cards?
int fa/gi/teX/XX
 service-policy input PM_AGGREGATE_POLICER_QOS

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content