Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

QoS/Custom Queueing and bridging

I have three separate switch networks - N1, N2 and N3.

I have a router with a physcal interface in each, allocated to different bridge groups. The fourth interface is a trunk (ethernet) link to another router that is exatly the same.

We are running three subinterfaces on the router to keep a semblance of separation between the three subnets.

What is wanted is allocation of the 10M link between the N1, N2 and N3 such that one get 1/2M, one gets 2 1/2 and the remaining one gets the rest. In the case of quiet traffic and network can use what is available.

Given that this is *bridged* traffic and thus only effectively identifiable by ingress interface, what is the best approach to this?

Thanks,

Paul.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: QoS/Custom Queueing and bridging

Enable split horizon on one of the interface that does not need to communicate the information to other network.

or

Create Access-list for the outside interface, so that the only desired traffic will be send to that destination.

Re: QoS/Custom Queueing and bridging

Sorry, I think you replied to the wrong post! Split Horizon is a routing concept, and I am bridging, and I don't want to bar any traffic!

Views
Helpful
Replies