Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS in frame-relay interface

teru-lei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

When use qos in frame-relay, I saw many example (also I usually use) is to use "frame-relay class" first and then use the QoS commands, like queueing, in the frame-relay class. But can I use QoS not config in the frame-relay class? For example, Can I still use just "custom-queue-list" in the interface instead of using " frame-relay custom-queue-list" in the frame-relay class? And how about using random-detect? Does any body have experience about it ? Thank You!

Best Regards

Teru Lei

1 Reply 1

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Teru,

Yes, you can use QoS config on the the interface directly without creating a map-class frame-relay and applying the frame-relay class. But in that case the QoS config will be applied to all the frame-relay sub-interfaces you have under the physical interface where you applied the QoS. So, you lose flexibilty in doing such.

When using map-class each frame-relay sub-interfaces and PVC can be assigned to different QoS config and that is helpful when you ahve different sites with different QoS requirements.

Random-detect and Custom-queue-list both can be used in interface level, but at the same time either one of them can be used.

Router(config-if)#random-detect

Must remove custom-queue configuration first.

Router(config-if)#no custom-queue-list 1

Router(config-if)#random-detect

Router(config-if)#custom-queue-list 1

Must remove RED configuration first.

Hope this helps !!

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco