cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on a 4507 - support CCM and Unity

tgurney
Level 1
Level 1

Going to put my Call manager and Unity units on a 4507. Need to make sure that the DSCP markings are correct. Also have a trunk port on this 4507 that the WAN router is connected to. On my 6509 hybrid I have trust qos dscp on the port for the WAN router and trust cos on the ports for Unity and CCM. Shouldn't I be able to trust DSCP on the ports for CCM and Unity too? For example, the default on the 4507 is QOS disabled gobal and that looks like it enables trust dscp on all interfaces.

R-VIS4507-1#sh qos interface gigabitEthernet 3/8

QoS is disabled globally

Port QoS is enabled

Administrative Port Trust State: 'untrusted'

Operational Port Trust State: 'dscp'

Trust device: none

Default DSCP: 0 Default CoS: 0

Appliance trust: none

Tx-Queue Bandwidth ShapeRate Priority QueueSize

(bps) (bps) (packets)

1 31250000 disabled N/A 260

2 31250000 disabled N/A 260

3 31250000 disabled normal 260

4 31250000 disabled N/A 260

Note this looks like dscp trust is enabled on all ports. Am I good here?

WHine alert !!! What happened to the documentation page on CCO. I can't find anything good regarding config help lately. Like how to turn on the qos globaly on the 4507.

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

for globaly enable the qos use the following command.

Switch# config terminal

Switch(config)# qos

for verifcation

Switch# show qos

QoS is enabled globally

The policing function determines if the traffic level is within the specified profile. Marking allows changing the QoS level of the packet based upon classification or policing. Classification splits traffic into different classes for QoS processing, based on defined criteria. for more info:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/31sg/configuration/guide/qos.html#wp1207227