Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

QoS on Ethernet WAN

The company is currently looking at possibilities of running the WAN on Ethernet technologies. The current WAN is running on a mix of FR and ATM (ATM at HQ and FR at branches). I've setup QoS on the routers based on DSCP precedence bits for different applications. What I wanted to know is whether I'll still be able to setup QoS (liek what I did before) on this new Ethernet WAN or not. I don't see any reason why not but I just wanted to know whether someone out there already has some experience with this. Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: QoS on Ethernet WAN

You should be fine. I am doing that at a location now.

Note that, not all QoS techniques are supported on high speed interfaces like Ethernet, but you should be able to do DSCP/IP precedence based QOS on the ethernet interface.

Thanks for your replies. I'm also a bit concern with traffic shaping on FEthernet. It's 100Mbps but we'll only be using a portion of it so I guess that I'll have to configure TS. Do you know of any Cisco links that shows sample TS config on Ethernet? And QoS on Ethernet for that matter? Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content