Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

QoS Packet Marking with 1600/2500 series routers.. YES or NO ???

Having checked feature navigator , am I right in thinking that there is no way to mark packets by setting the DSCP value on 1600/2500 routers. On a 3600 series under class-map command, when I do "match ?" , I get about 10 options. On 1600/2500 I get 4 options, none of which allows me to match ip dscp values.

In stark contradiction I have read a document on 1600 platforms running IOS 12.1(5)T suggesting that it IS possible to set this value.

Can someone please tell me if it is possible, and if so, how to do it !!! There seem to be many contradictions in the spaghetti of QoS documentation.

Below is a snippet of my setup on a 3620 that works, but does NOT work on a 1600 series (both running IOS 12.1(5)T:

class-map AF21

match access-group 110

!

class-map silver

match ip dscp 18 -- Won't work on 1600

!

policy-map test

class AF21

bandwidth percent 25

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: QoS Packet Marking with 1600/2500 series routers.. YES or NO

Check your feature set. I believe you must have a Plus feature set before the match ip dscp commands are available. A Plus feature set will have an "s" in the 2nd line of a show ver. (C1600-sy-m or C2500-is-m)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content