cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS Query to prioritise Citrix sessions

jason.scott
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I've been looking into QOS to prioritise Citrix traffic. Our scenario is this:

We have a 2mb WAN connection to the rest of the NHS here in the UK. Across this connection we have some remote users who access Citrix services within our network, but they also contend with all our Internet traffic on the same link. At times, when internet browsing is high, the Citrix users can be affected.

My configuration plan is as follows and I wondered if someone could just give it the once over and confirm if I'm on the right tracks:

BTW I have yet to find out the citrix port number.

class-map CITRIX

match access-group name CITRIX

!

class-map allothers

match access-group name allothers

!

policy-map controlcitrix

class citrix

bandwidth percent 70

class allothers

bandwidth percent 30

!

ip access-list extended CITRIX

permit tcp any any eq **CITRIX PORT No*

ip access-list extended allothers

permit ip any any

!

interface serial0/0

ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

service-policy out controlcitrix

Thanks in advance,

Jason Scott.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

yeah that looks good.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

yeah that looks good.

Thanks!

hbaerten
Level 4
Level 4

Citrix uses UDP 1604 and TCP 1494.

Just some additional questions:

Shouldn't you to apply the policy-map inbound, since the internet traffic will be mostly inbound?

Or if it is really outbound, I guess you should change the access-list: for outbound traffic you would need to match the source port, if the citrix servers are local.

regards,

Herbert

hth

Herbert

Hi Herbert, thanks your post.

I agree, we've subsquently identified the need to place the QOS on inbound traffic as, like you say, the majority of traffic that causes the congestion will be inbound from the internet.

Thank you for the port information on Citrix - I had overlooked the UDP port number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: