Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QOS

I have a remote branch access an application which is residing at hard quarter. The WAN bandwidth is around 1MB. This is an old application, and whenever users remotely access this application it chocks the T1 line as this application is bandwidth hungry.

What kind of QOS will be efficient so I can restrict this application not to take more than 256KB. When I say 256KB I mean that no matter what happens if it reaches 256KB that is it. Users might get a slow response the time they will be accessing this application, but the management is not concerned about it. All they want to prevent T1 from chocking and use the available bandwidth for other resoureces such as email, internet, Telent to AS400 so on.

What be the best solution such as CAR, CustomQueueing, WFCBQ and so on.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: QOS

Try Policy. Also you would need to mark your hungry application somehow, in order to separate from other flows.

Good Luck!

Silver

Re: QOS

Try CAR (rate-limit), and that will police the traffic to 256kbps and drop anything exceeding that limit for the application.

You can also try GTS (traffic-shape) if you want to give a little space to the application because with GTS it will queue the excess packets until the queue fills and then packets will be tail-dropped.

But looks like CAR is best for you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content