Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

QPM also for incoming internet traffic??

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to use QPM 3.0 to control traffic from the internet like the packetshaper from packteer does.

The packetshaper changes the windows size in the header or deletes the ACK packet to make believe the internet line is smaller. This way it is possible to make sure a part of the internet connection will always be availible.

We have purchased QPM 3.0 and would like to control the line to the internet because there will be VPN's and the VPN's are not supposed to use the whole line but like say 40% .

I hope you can help me.

kind regards,

Wenda Hommes

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: QPM also for incoming internet traffic??

Hello,

I guess QPM 3.0 supports traffic monitoring and configuration of DSCP (Differentiated Services Code Point). Structured traffic managemen enables congestion management, congestion avoidance, and bandwidth control by selectively activating QoS mechanisms on intelligently grouped LAN and WAN interfaces. Cisco's website will have more information on this.

Views
Helpful
Replies