Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

Query re: Configuration management in RME

When setting only the config retrieval schedule (i.e. not using the snmp poller or listening for syslog messages), should Config Manager download the configs regardless of whether they have changed or will it only download if there is difference between the lastest archive and the running config? I am trying to work out why, even though I have it set to retrieve on a weekly basis I have latest archives that are over 2 weeks old. Anyone any ideas??

Thanks

Nick

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Query re: Configuration management in RME

check your settings. If there are no changes in the configuration, I believe it won't bother updating the DB. This is a decent little way to let you know when the last config change was actually made. There really is no reason to have multiple copies of the same config in the DB.

Blue

So you've only Config Retrieval Schedule box checked in the settings and the rest are un-checked?. The default schedule to retrieve configs is every Friday at 12:30am, unless you change it and only if there's a change on the config.

Basically. I also have listen to SYSLOG messages checked so that it will update the config right away when a change is detected. Otherwise it will wait until the posted time to run to check all the configs. (if I understand the settings right. This scenario works for me)

Views
Helpful
Replies