Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Question about Compression on WAN Link

We want compression on our WAN link which is on serial Interface. We have 3640 Router at our end and the remote end router is to be purchased. I have found from the Cisco Website that for 3640, NM-COMPR Compression Network Module can be used for Compression. While at the service providers end I can use Cisco 2600 Series with AIM-COMPR2, Compression Card.The service provider is located in Singapore. Now will you please tell me the following :

Is the hardware I mentioned above suitable for Hardware Compression. How much Compression Ratio I could get .The link’s available Bandwidth is 1Mbps.

I will be very thankful to you for your guidance in this regard.

faisal@skykom.net

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Question about Compression on WAN Link

Yes, the compression is handled in hardware, you should be able to compress up to a full E1 with either of these cards. Compression as always varies based on the data types. I've personally seen it running with this hardware at about 1.8 - 2.1 x on a full T1.

Regards.

- Bryan

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.