Views
Helpful
Replies

question about VWIC-1MFT-E1

kwelsch
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

is it possible to configure the VWIC-1MFT-E1for data calls ?

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

According to: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/products/hdv_netmod.html

"High Density Voice Network Modules combine WAN Interface Card (WIC) and Voice Interface Card (VIC) functionality to provide unparalleled flexibility and power." So Yes, I would guess it can be configured as you would any WIC.

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

What model of router are you planning on using it in?

I was helping someone with a VWIC-2MFT-T1 today in a 1751 trying to do data (channel-groups) on it and they had one port working but were getting a tdm clock error and resource error when trying to configure channel-group on the 2nd T1 interface. I found a Cisco doc (don't have link handy) that said the VWIC in the 1751 only does voice applications with the IOS they had. And only one channel-group is supported but that was dependent on IOS version I believe. There was another doc that said the same card when used with a 2600/3600 could do data.

I would go to cisco.com and plug in the model of router and VWIC # and search and look at a couple documents. If you aren't able to locate the info there then call pre-sales # or TAC. Sometimes it is difficult to track down all the gotcha's. Let us know what you find out...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: