Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Question for somebody with recent real experiance in Japan.

I am currently working on a WAN deployment in Japan and need some advice from somebody with real and recient experiance in Japan. My questions are regarding the WAN interfaces required to interface with the telco. I have deployed a few international point-to-point circuits and the telco always provided a CSU/DSU with a V.35 interface. My current US based carrier is telling me that the only option is G.703. Is this the normal interface provided by telcos in Japan or is it just an option my US based carrier negotiated with the local telco in Japan? Is the only G.703 interface module for the 2600/3600/3700 the VWIC-1MFT-G703 RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - G.703? Any advice on this module and its configuration?

Thanks for any information you may have.

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Question for somebody with recent real experiance in Japan.

I don't live in Japan, so I'm not familiar with the standards. But in regards to the question if this is the only option for the 2600/3600 series...

For the network modules, yes. There's a one port and two port model (VWIC-1MFT-G703 or VWIC-2MFT-G703). On the PA side there's the PA-7KF-E1.

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any experiance configuring the card?

We just deploy VWIC-1MFT-E1 shortly in germany and the config is really easy, first you configure the E1 controller (framing, line coding and the number of tiemslots(channels).

After that serial interface is created and you proceed as usual (frame-relay, hdlc, ppp, etc.)

BTW. I saw your previous post regarding trunk between 3745 and 3550, did you find solution? We have the same problem ...

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you for the information. In about two weeks I will be working on the configs for the UK and Germany. I wish we had a way to test the configurations before we send them out. At least the installers will speak english in the UK and I can work out any issues before Germany. Again thanks for the information.

I could not find anybody with experiance doing trunking between the 3550 and 3745. Because we only had two vlans, I just run two connections between the router and switch. Not the best solution in my mind but.... it had to get done. I could not get trunking to work in the lab.

If you do find a working solution please let me know. You never know when it will come up again.

Hello,

Here is the response from TAC, it looks like you can not configure etherchannel on 36xx/37xx...:

> > Hi Daniel,

> >

> > That's a very good point. I just checked all the modules available

> > for 3745, and none of them supports FEC. :-( Actually, this counts

> > then for the complete 3600-3700 series. None of the cards support

> > FEC.

> >

> > Kind regards,

> >

> > Sven.

> >

> > On Friday 19 March 2004 14:06, Jursik, Daniel wrote:

> > > Hello Sven,

> > >

> > > Which type of interfaces support etherchannel on 3745?

> > >

> > > Regards,

> > >

> > > Daniel

> > >

> > > -----Original Message-----

> > > Subject: Re: [SUSPECT ATTACHMENT] RE: Case F241530 (C3745 -

> > > FastEtherChannel)

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi Daniel,

> > >

> > > Thanks for the fast response. Unfortunately, it confirms what I

> > > suspected. You are using the onboard fast ethernet interfaces, and

> > > those do not support Fast EtherChannel.

> > >

> > > Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you, and

> > > how you would like to proceed with the case.

> > >

> > > Kind regards,

> > >

> > > Sven.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content