Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on BPX 8660 & MGX 8220

I want to put new line cards into BPX 8660 & MGX 8220 wothout losing my configuration & circuits. Can I do that ?

thanks,

jagadesh

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Question on BPX 8660 & MGX 8220

Jagadesh,

When you put a new line card ( service module) into the BPX or MGX, you do not do anything with the existing configurations in the nodes. So you can install new line cards with out losing your existing configuration.The configuration is stored with the controller cards ( BCC in the BPX and ASC in the MGX).

I am assuming that you are putting these cards into now empty slots. Once you install them, the cards should boot up and come into a standby state.

Hope this helps

Shajith

Shajith,

I'm going to replace the existing line cards with new ones of the same type respectively. So, are there any chances of losing my configuration.

thanks,

jagadesh

Cisco Employee

Jagadesh,

If you are replacing existing cards because there is some fault with them, make sure that the replacement card is of "exactly " the same type. If they are not the same , you will get a mismatch error. Now like I mentioned in the earlier post, the configuration is stored in the controller cards so you will not lose any configuration.In fact the cards are hot swappable.

Regards

Shajith

Shajith,

We are planning to install a BPX-BXM-T3-8 card in slot 1 to replace the BNI-3T3/C cards in slots 1 and 2. We are also installing a new back card for the BXM card to replace the two back cards we have now.

The software we are running now on the BPX is 9.1.09.

So, Am I going see the line card mismatch error and what would be status of my configuration If I do this ?

Thank you very much for your responses.

jagadesh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content