Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Question to Cannelized E1

hi,

my question:

if i install a channelized e1 card (30 timeslots) in my 3640 router

is it possible to configure 2 timeslots (128kb/s) for encapsulation x25

and 2 timeslots for framerelay and two timeslots for hdlc ???

thanks for an answer !

5 REPLIES

Re: Question to Cannelized E1

This should be possible. You can group B-channels together to scale the bandwidth. These bundles behave as serial interfaces, thus replacing the equivalent of leased lines.

This is configured on the E1 controller as follows:

controller E1 0/0

framing NO-CRC4

channel-group 2 timeslots 4

channel-group 4 timeslots 8-9

channel-group 5 timeslots 14

description 2 MB link

!

This results in a router with interface s0/0:2, s0/0:4 and s0/0:5, i.e. the group-numbers above. This option can spare you an NM-4T and a lot of cabling.

i think not

the ce1 just divide E1 in 30 timeslots ,but SP will not connect the E1 port to x25 cloud and FR cloud at the same time .

He does not have to. Providers use the same technique and are (in general) able to divert the data-streams for different clouds to the right connections.

The E1 acts as the carrier for a bundle of leased lines and each individual line can be routed and terminated as required. It is true that you will need to arrange this with your provider, but the correct interconnection of the lines is not an issue.

Hi,

You can go for such type of connection but ask your service provider whther he supports this .Most probably he will.On CPE side there is no problem and packets will reach your serviceprovier through E1 pipe on seperate channels .Rest all depends upon your service provider.

Moreover You can configure by varying speeds

Framerelay 1-5 speed 56 kbps

PPP 6-10 speed 64 kbps.

Just any combination will work

Merry christmas

Munit Singla

I agree with all above, but if you dont wont to terminate the connections in the router, i suggest that you get E1 interfaces that support Drop-Insert.

Views
Helpful
Replies