Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

"Fatal Transmit Error" on ethernet port of 1600???

I am having problems with my 1600 router. The processor bounces up to 95% and I have intermittent problems accessing the box. The load is not even close to max(half of a full T1). When I do a term mon, there is a constant list of "Ethernet-1-TXERR: Fatal Transmit Error". What does this mean? What can I do to resolve it? Thanks in advance.

Jpoulos

1 REPLY

Re: "Fatal Transmit Error" on ethernet port of 1600???

%ETHERNET-1-TXERR: [chars]: Fatal transmit error. Restarting...

A fatal transmit error has occurred on the Ethernet line, causing the line to be restarted. This condition may be caused by a bad configuration of the media type or a hardware problem with the cable, the transceiver, the other end of the cable, or the interface of the router itself. Extremely high traffic load can occasionally cause the router to generate this message.

Recommended Action: Verify the configuration of the media type. If the media type is correctly set, replace the cable or the transceiver. If possible, try another port in the device to which the Ethernet is connected. If other measures fail, replace the hardware

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content