Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

"No service finger" not display in switch running config

Hi Gurus,

I have turned off the command, no service finger but somehow it is not displaying at the running config.How can i do it?

The reason I am asking is because there is new switch where i need to config based on whatever is turned off.

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advanced.

ken

3 REPLIES
Purple

Re: "No service finger" not display in switch running config

Hi Ken,

The reason it is not displaying is because that is the default i.e 'service finger' is disabled by default. As you know, IOS does not display commands that are turned on by default - that is why you don't see it.

I would appreciate you rating the post if it helps.

Paresh

Thanks Paresh. Yeah,I will post the rating but have one more question, how can I know if what are the commands are disabled by default?

The reason why is I am asking is there is IOS that can display NO SERVICE FINGER and others. If those are not display, I can't tell what are the commands to be disabled as for security template config wise.

thanks,

ken

Purple

Ken,

As you have discovered, default commands tend to change as IOS evolves. In older IOSs, the finger service was enabled by default and therefore disabling it meant that the 'no service finger' command would appear in the config. That has now changed..

The best way to determine whether or not a command is enabled/disabled by default is to refer to the entry for that command in the Command Reference for the IOS version you are using. Each entry has a 'Default' section which indicates what the default behaviour is.

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies