cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"This is a subdevice. Please open the parent to see this" CW2000 Error Mess

huhernan
Level 1
Level 1

This error message appears when I tried to log in to the router portion of a 6509. Performed a "Mgmt station to device" test and Telnet, SNMPR and SNMPW were ok.

No problems when I try to log in to the sc0 interface.

Any settings I should add or review ? Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Are you trying to use CiscoView to open up 6509s MSFC?. If so, then you must open the switch using the switch's ip address to see all the switch modules including MSFC and not that of MSFC itself. This is common mistake that people do in this case. Even though MSFC has it's own separate ip address, switch is the parent device and you cannot directly open a child (MSFC) in CiscoView.

Yeah I'm trying to use CiscoView. Then how you push a software image file from CW to the MSFC ? I went to Category --> File Copy --> chossing module 15 and didn't work. I enter the ip of the router and didn't work either. I tried the other option the Category --> Boot Flash Memory and didn't work either. Can you tell me what's the procedure to push software images to MSFC's .

You need to use the Software Management (SWIM) feature of RME to upgrade the software on your devices including MSFCs. See:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_3_x/3_4/u_guide/ug_upgrd.htm for the detailed procedure OR can also look at the on-line help withing RME for detailed steps.