cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Raceway recommendations?

hillg3
Level 1
Level 1

I'm starting to plan a cabling infrastructure in a brick build -- no drop ceilings, and no access to walls. I want to implement a raceway track for the cables. I've not been able to find one for the right price/features/size. I'm looking at running about 30 cat5e 24AWG (MAX) cabling through the raceway and 20 cat3 24AWG cabling as well, through the same racway.

I've looked at blackbox Media 8 and 7 (8 for main runs, 7 for drops.) Looking around the web breifly I've found some other brands, but they aren't large enough or are too large to fit in the space I require (3" height MAX). I require two different size raceways, since using the larger size for drops doesn't makes sense (4 cables in a raceway that holds 50 is a waste IMO), so something with an adapter to go between the two sizes (like blackbox's does).

I'm hoping others could let me know what they purchased for raceways and where you purchased from, any thoughts would be appreciated!

1 Reply 1

dtabor
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if you have looked at www.hubbell-premise.com They have some different sizes with multiple channels inside.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: