cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radio to Ethernet connection failing.

mthrift_wsc
Level 1
Level 1

In one of my buildings we've had some real problems with inconnsistent WiFi connections. The radio is working fine, it's the trunking between the AP and the switch that seem to produce problems. While trouble shooting this on another users computer I noticed them failing to get out to the net on the same two AP's, but the other AP's worked fine. When I looked at the AP's and did a "show cdp nei" this is what I got:

Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge

S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater

Device ID Local Intrfce Holdtme Capability Platform Port ID

[AP NAME] 0 177 T AIR-AP350-Fas 0

[NEIGHBOR SWITCH] Fas 0 162 S I WS-C3550-2 Fas 0/1

Now, this is a show cdp nei on the AP, not on the switch, and for some reason the AP is listing itself as well as the switch, which I've never seen. These AP's are the only two doing this, and a reboot removed that duplicate mention of the AP, and apparently fixed the lost connection as well. It's hard to tell if this is a Layer 2 or 3 problem. Does anybody know how the AP might have started reporting itself in a show cdp nei, and what problems this might cause?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

mthrift_wsc
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody has an idea why this would happen? I haven't seen it anywhere else yet, and the reboot really did fix the problem, but I'd like to have a more proactive approach. Any ideas are welcome! Thanks!