cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

radius server to record authentications on Cisco routers

layhlaing
Level 1
Level 1

i want to use radius server to record authentications on Cisco routers?

users will call a toll-free number through PSTN lines to my Cisco routers where i want to record authentications on Cisco routers to bill. I think to use MySql, Apache, PHP on Linux platform. Ur technical advises on implementation are appreciate in advance. I have database/programming experience on Microsoft but new on open-source platform. But willingly to cope as the new challenge.

1 Reply 1

l.mourits
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

That should not be to hard to configure. By default, the Cisco ACS server records stop/start accounting records for both TACACS+ and RADIUS. This is logged in comma separated csv files in the logging directory (configurable).

With PHP it should not be hard to read comma separated files I guess.

The challenge though is how to link to them, I would say create a share on the server that runs the (to be build) billing application and configure ACS to used the share as logging directory. That way you don't have to worry about disk space at the ACS server, and you could build cleaning methods in the application as well.

Don't have experience in PHP either, but this would be my general approach :-)

Let me know if this helps,

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: