Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RAS - prompt for username/password

Hi all

I've a RAS configured in Cisco 2610 router, using WIC 2/AS ,USR Courier external modem and HyperTerminal (for dial-up connection) . If i dial to ras from my notebook, the terminal window appear, but the prompt for username and password don't appear. If i digit the username and password (invisible for me), or don't use after terminal window (digiting the user and pass in dial-up connection) the authentication pass. But, the user/pass prompt is necessary (i will use ACE/RSA for authentication)... anybody help me, please ? Below, the router config. TKS !!!!

Cisco IOS Version 12.1(5)T9

username cisco password 0 cisco

interface Ethernet0/0

ip address 172.16.90.91 255.255.0.0

half-duplex

!

interface Serial0/0

physical-layer async

ip unnumbered Ethernet0/0

encapsulation ppp

async mode interactive

peer default ip address 172.16.180.180

ppp authentication chap pap

line 1

autoselect during-login

autoselect ppp

login local

modem InOut

modem autoconfigure type usr_courier

autocommand ppp

transport preferred telnet

transport input all

speed 115200

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: RAS - prompt for username/password

With the above config, the username and passoword prompt should appear in the terminal window after dialin at PC side. Try to use the hyperterminal of the PC to dialin to 2610 and see that username and password appears or not.

Also try to use "modem autoconfigure discovery" command under the line instead of "modem autoconfigure type usr_courier". Also add "flowcontrol hardware".

I do it, but the prompt don't appears... and I use other terminal emulation software, but nothing... It could be a BUG ?

Cisco Employee

It can be the issue with the ios too. So pl. try to change the ios to next release.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content