cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rbscp vs. Mentat skyx (XTP), who would win?! (edited)

fullkill
Level 1
Level 1

has anyone matched these two protocols over satellite?

We are testing rbscp against xtp and we are not seeing the same performance from the Cisco protocol. We are wonderning if there are some settings we are missing (other than the ones in the rbscp section of this site) or any tweaks that would help.

<edit>

Setup: 2600 and 3600 with rbscp capabilities. Satellite link. Mentat Skyx. GBX file transfer app.

Results: using rbscp, we had 4 GBX sessions running and noticed no HUGE speed difference (rbscp was slightly slower) between 4 sessions running GBX. However, with one session running the GBX/SkyX setup used the full bandwidth. rbscp did not. It remained at the 400kbps level with one session.

</edit>

Thanks in advance!

'kill

5 Replies 5

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Yes. Thanks. We are sticking with XTP until rbscb get revised, refined and/or retired.

'kill

scherr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a satellite delay test box and a I have 2 x 3660 routers running rbscp back to back on a test bench. The rbscp protocol actually makes the FTP transfers take longer. Has anyone got a config that works cause the sample provided by Cisco does seem to work?

We will be staying with the mentat skyx until the bugs are ironed out !!!!

Scherr, have you had any luck yet?

Kill

Howdy

No we had no luck. I worked through it with the TAC and we got to a point where the throughput was exactly the same as without using this feature. This feature does not replace the SKYX boxes that perform local TCP ACKS to improve throughput.

Ron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco