Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Re: Booting Issue

All,

Due to a recent password change on the 6509 I have change to the register from 0x2142 back to 0x2102. Now the system keps booting in rmon mode. How can UI ensure this is booting back to its image.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Re: Booting Issue

Hello,

Sorry to hear you having these problems.

This document will help you recover the board:

<http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/itg_v1/tr1904.htm#wp1020852>

hth,

Ajaz Nawaz

The link takes me to a frame encap doc. IS this the correct link?

-fz

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Feliciano

Changing the register to 0x2102 should not cause it to boot to rommon. Can you verify that the register is really set to 0x2102?

The symptom of booting to rommon suggests that there might be some problem with boot system commands in the config. Can you check whether there are any boot system commands in the config and if so would you post them (and would you verify that they point to a valid image that is accessible)?

HTH

Rick

I understadn whtn you mean. Put it this way when I left the device last week from the long weekend my copart must have mistakenly made a change. It's back up now I specified the boot flash on startup. Now this is resolved would you know why when I try to assign an ip to the the vlan interface I am recieving a error "network overlap" error? My gi9/2 interface ahs the management ip configured.

thanks.

-fz

Silver

Ooops

Apologies - cut & paste syndrome

this is the correct link:

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa1.shtml>

hth this time :-)

Ajaz Nawaz

Views
Helpful
Replies