Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Reachability Dashboard

I am running 5th Edition LMS. One of my Catalyst 5500's shows up as 'down' in the reachability dashboard of RME, but it shows up fine in Campus Manager. Anyone else seen a similar issue? I already installed the package updates as well as the IDUs

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Reachability Dashboard

Did you ever get an answer to this by any chance?

Community Member

Reachability Dashboard and Campus Manager use two different mechanisms for determining reachability so you need to make sure both are configured properly. It sounds like Campus Manager is working for you so look at Reachability Dashboard. Make sure that the RME database contains the proper SNMP community strings and that you have the Availability Polling settings correct. You can also try the Management Station to Device tool to ensure that you have SNMP connectivity.

Community Member

I am having the same problem with reachability dashboard - when I do the management station to device it reports the interfaces down (when they are up) but also reports the snmp r and w as ok to each port.........

I can also ciscoview to the device using the same snmp strings and the ports report themselves up......

thanks

pat

Community Member

I did get this corrected - I went into the RME database and deleted the device (rme/administration/inventory/delete device) - also had to delete it from the suspended state as well, then I manually added it (rme/administration/inventory/add)

According to TAC, there are some problems with devices that are managed by IP address and not by DNS name. NOTE: This was one of the few devices that were showing up by IP instead of DNS name. It was in the DNS table, not sure why it behaved differently.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content