Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Read Only SNMP Community String change

Hello I am changing my ready only SNMP community string for all my routers. I am using CW2K RME 3.3 for that. I have each cisco device configured with RW and RO community strings into CW2K.

After the change, I am having many "Failed" messages when I do the Update Archive process.

Is there any configuration to change in the CW2K? Do I have to change my Device Database for the new RO SNMP community string?

Is there any relation with the IOS - I have from 11.2 up to 12.3 versions?

Thanks,

Gilson

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Read Only SNMP Community String change

Gilson,

Either via CWSI or external script if you push a job to change your SNMP communities you need to change them in RME or attribute errors will occur since the system (RME) will try to use the old configured ones for device access. RME > Administration > Inventory > Change Device Attributes is an easy way to change them all if this is what you'd like to do.

Hope this helps you,

Don

Re: Read Only SNMP Community String change

Hello Don!

Thanks for the directions. I forgot abot this functions. Yes it helped me to change the database.

Problem solved.

Thanks,

Gilson

Views
Helpful
Replies