cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Real-Time Monitor 1.4

bm_5789
Level 1
Level 1

I having some trouble capturing and/or monitoring traffic with Real Time Monitor 1.4. I have Cisco catalyst switches on my network. I use 3508, 3524, and 3548. All are listed under devices supported by RTM 1.4. I'm able to look at Layer 2 traffic, but I'm unable to monitor the Network and Application layers. Does anybody have any suggestions/advice. Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If you have added the switches to the RTM Server, then launch Traffic Monitor and goto Switch Tab->All Switch Ports, select the port and do a right mous click to launch Data Link Layer Graph.

I would also like to Launch Data Capture from here but the selection is greyed out. Can you tell me how I can use the Data Capture feature. Thanks in advance.

Without a Switch/RMON Probe or a Network Analysis Module (NAM) you cannot do Data Capture. This option will be grayed out if you don't have a probe/NAM connected and spanned.

Is a Switch/RMON probe embedded in the Switch IOS or is it a piece of hardware?

Switch Probe is a separate piece of hardware available from www.netscout.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco