Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Recommended IOS Image for 3560's

Does anyone know the what the most stable image for the 3560's is?

Is there a difference depending on the model as well? I have four different models, 3560G-24TS-S, 3560G-24TS-E, 3560-24PS-S, 3560-48TS-S.

All my S versions will only have VLANs configured w/QoS on the PS switches for VoIP. The E versions will be running OSPF, HSRP, VRFs, and QoS for VoIP.

Thanks, Daniel

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Recommended IOS Image for 3560's

Hi

These are the config models you have in place there in your site.

Cisco Catalyst 3560-48TS

48 Ethernet 10/100 ports and 4 SFP ports

Cisco Catalyst 3560-24PS

24 Ethernet 10/100 ports with Power over Ethernet (PoE) and 2 SFP ports

Cisco Catalyst 3560G-24TS

24 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports and 4 SFP ports

Cisco Catalyst 3560G-24PS

24 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports with PoE and 4 SFP ports

The word followed by the model name either E or S states that it has EMI(enhanced version) or SMI(standard version) loaded on that.

do refer this link to get to know more on the same.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_data_sheet09186a00801f3d7f.html

You hve 12.2.25(SED) version available with different feature set from which you can select upon based on the requirement.

do check this ios upgrade planner for more info on the same..

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Iosplanner/Planner-tool/iosplanner.cgi?get_crypto=&data_from=&hardware_name=CAT3560&software_name=&release_name=&majorRel=&state=:HW&type=

regds

Bronze

Sorry I should have been a little more clear on my model's statement. I was trying to ask if the version made a difference depending on the model. For example if I have the latest SED on my 24TS-E will that image be just as stable for my 24PS-S etc.

You did provide helpful information.

Thanks

Purple

Hi,

There is always a risk with using the latest and greatest versions. Since the image has had limited production use, there is always a chance that some critical bugs may be discovered. It is always a safer bet to use a version that is a few months old so that there is a better chance that any issues with it have been discovered and so you are in a better position to determine whether the issues with that release are likely to affect you.

In some cases, there may be critical features required by you that necessitate the use of the latest release. In that case, I don't see that you have much of a choice at all.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.