Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Recovering a 6509 configuration using CW2000 backup config file

Hi,

Having had a failure on a 6509, I recently got my first chance to use the archived backup configs stored on my Windows 2000 CiscoWorks server.

The MSFC portion of the recovery went fine, copying the backup file to startup-config. However, when trying to recover the supervisor config, the config upload did not work properly, with only a partial subset of the config appearing.

Windows 2000 automatically associates the config files in the archive with Wordpad, it wasn't until I copied and pasted the entire file into another text editor (notepad) that I could get the config to upload properly.

I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem, and could explain why the supervisor recovery failed while the MSFC recovery was fine. If the problem was a result of the formatted text in Wordpad, then why does CW2000 automatically associate the archive files with this application??

PS - the commands I used to recover the supervisor config were as follows:

set boot config-register auto-config non-recurring

set boot config-register auto-config overwrite

set boot auto-config bootflash:file.cfg

1 REPLY

Re: Recovering a 6509 configuration using CW2000 backup config f

Another simple way of maintaining a backup of the configuration files is to store them on the TFTP Server and download them whenever necessary to your Switch.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content