Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Redirect all traffic for specific host

Hi.

I have a host running services available to the internet using a public IP address. I want to move that host to a different part of my network where the IP address would be on a different(private address) subnet behind a different router (than the one used for the ISP connection). What command can i use to route/redirect the traffic destined for example instead of going to 192.168.1.1 to go to 192.168.2.1? I just need this specific host to be moved for now. I could just add another NIC to that host, but that is not a great solution in this case.

Thank you,

Mike

2 REPLIES

Re: Redirect all traffic for specific host

Mike,

You could use a policy map command for this if I am understanding what you are saying correctly.

Bob

Re: Redirect all traffic for specific host

Could you give me a link to an example where the policy map command would be used to direct traffic destined for a particular IP addr to another IP addr on a different subnet? Or if you could tell me the syntax for this command. All i can find for examples show bandwidth and priority stuff only.

Thank you,

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content