Views
Helpful
Replies

Rediscover a deleted device in Campus Manager

gljackson
Level 1
Level 1

CW2k on W2k, 5th Edition, RME, CM, DFM.

I deleted some devices off of the CM Topology Map and can't seem to figure out how to get them back. Saw another article in this forum that reinitializing the database and rediscovering would work, but it didn't.

ANI discovery just ignores them, can manually add them into RME and device attributes are fine, just need them to show up in the map.

Ideas/suggestions appreciated.

6 Replies 6

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Try to restart CW2000 server.

It helped me with similar problem.

Regards,

Milan

Thanks for your reply. Already did that. It is only about 10 devices (VG248). It just shouldn't be that difficult..

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

Are these (deleted) devices directly connected to your network or are they connected via a telco's switch? (as cdp would not pass through in this case)

Either way, as you said there are only ten devices, you can manually add them in your discovery settings (server config > ani server admin > discovery settings) or you can go to the aniserver.properties file located under your CW partition > etc/cwsi and add the devices there at the line "Discovery.seed = A.B.C.D"

Tried that and started a discovery, no help.

Devices are directly connected to the network, can see them via cdp, can telnet, snmp ok. I manually added them to RME, and added them to the ANI seed device list and started a rediscovery, ANI still doesn't discover those devices anymore.

When you first had the devices in ... How did you populate your devices .. did you do a discovery and (thru CM) or did you import your devices from another source (like HP openview etc?)

Second thing I can think abt. is to telnet to a neighboring switch that ANI is seeing/discovering and doing a sh cdp nei detail there and see if the missing switches are listed in the neighboring switches. If they are not then check if the CDP is enabled (I'm sure you chked already).

A last suggestion, go to your serv config > ani server admin > snmp settings and make some manual entries out there for the switches ... This is what would happen if you were to do a Device Synch from RME to CM.