cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistributing EIGRP\Static routes into BGP and back to EIGRP

mike.rootvik
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble redistbute a default route from our current EIGRP environment into BGP.

We are in the process of implimenting a vendor supplied MPLS WAN which uses BGP between the CE and PE routers. We are using EIGRP on the current Frame-Rlay LAN\WAN with static default routes redistributed into EIGRP for routing internet traffic to our Internet gateways.

Using

redistribute EIGRP and

redistribute static

I can get EIGRP and static routes redistributed into BGP except for the static default route (ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.16.15.10), which is not being redistributed into BGP.

I would appriciate any insite on why the default route would not be redistributed when all other static routes are.

3 Replies 3

cable.monkey
Level 1
Level 1

I think you have to add in bgp:

default-information originate

Thanks. The default-information originate command resolved the problem.

On the router that you are redistributing EIGRP and static routes into BGP, can you configure 'neighbor (far_end_bgp_peer) next-hop-self' under the BGP process and do a 'clear ip bgp * soft.

Let me know if you see the default route now show up in the routing table on the far end.

If you are still having problems, post the output of 'show ip bgp' on the far end router.

Pls. rate all helpful posts.

Sundar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: