cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

redistribution between EIGRP & OSPF

nohare
Level 1
Level 1

My network currently operates approx 6 routers in London and approx 15 around europe. All european routers are connected via a single link over Frame back to the London core. The entire network is running EIGRP. We now need to use our 7206 to redistribute between our EIGRP network and these new L3 switches that support OSPF.

I need to also make sure that the Default route is correctly propogated to all routers in both the EIGRP and OSPF network. The default route is a static and is redistributed into EIGRP by the 7206 (which is at the centre of most connections).

Also, for the benefit of the L3 switches, I want to keep EIGRP routes to a minimum by summarizing all of my Frame Relay sites into a single route before redistributing into OSPF. The addressing scheme on the WAN supports summarizing as they all begin with 10.160.x.x. Is this possible ?

Any other hints/tips would be great !!

1 Reply 1

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you have more than 1 redistribution point, I would suggest to use TAG to avoid loop.

Check the following document for a sample config :

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/103/eigrp11.html

Regarding the default, I would use the command 'default-information originate' under the 'router ospf' statement.

Finally, you can use a route-map to filter the redistributed into ospf and keep only the summary routes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: