cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Redundant Cat4000 chassis

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if there are plans for a redundant version of the 4006 chassis that could support dual SE3s ? I dont believe the existing chassis can cope with it. The Cat6500s are far too expensive as fault tolerant wiring closet aggregators

PG

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Redundant Cat4000 chassis

You are correct..The existing 4006 cannot support redundant Supervisors. However, newer chassis (with Supervisor 3) in future will have support for this.. No commited dates yet

Community Member

4006 or Sup3 will never have support for Redundant configuration. Please consult with your local account rep for near future offerings on this platform.

Community Member

OK, I'm going to go way out on a limb here and assume Prashan probably has the better scoop on this one - though admittedly his answer surprised me - in a good way :-)

I know this probably is in the future too - but if not do you have any idea if the new chassis (we have 4006's with sup 3's now) would be cost comparable to the existing ones? Or if they'll have a trade in deal for your old 4006 chassis if you buy a new chassis with a sup3 and put your existing cards and sup 3 in the new chassis? :-)

Really like the direction this conversation is going - never thought I'd see redundancy on the 4006's... yipee!

- ken

Cisco Employee

I stand corrected..Supervisor 3's will not support redundancy. So support for redundancy will be with a new Supervisor engine and a new chassis. Regarding pricing and other details, your Cisco sales rep/reseller will be the best people to answer

Community Member

Ah well, you can't win 'em all :-) Was nice to dream - if for only a shining moment :-)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content