Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Redundant SUP Placement

I currently have a SUP1a w/MSFC in slot one, I want to install a redundant SUP1a into the switch. The first available slot in the switch is slot 4. Will the SUP in slot 1 properly copy the config down to slot 4?

We are talking about a 6506 btw.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Redundant SUP Placement

Hi Drcco,

Sup1 & 2 can be only placed in slot 1 & 2. So any redundant sup in any other alot other than 2 will not work.

So if you want redundany with sup 1 you have to place it in slot 2 to get the redundancy work.

Check this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/relnotes/ol_4498.htm#wp201333

HTH

Ankur

*Please rate all helpfull pot

Okay..what if I only wanted to copy the config from sup in slot 1 to the sup I will place in slot 4.. will the blade power up so I can write the config?

Cisco Employee

Hi Drcco,

If you happen to place your sup 1 in slot 4 it will not work and will move to other or unknown state or may be wierd but it will not work.

Sup1,1A & 2 can only be placed in slot 1 or slot 2 and cat6500 chassis architecture will not support above mentioned sup in any other slot.

HTH

Ankur

The Slots for Sups in 6500 Series do vary according to the Sup you want to use.

Hence after checking the data sheet for Sup1A it says Slot 1 and Slot 2 are used for any chasis.

Hence you need to use the Slot 1 and 2 only for the Sups and you may require to reconfigure the configuration as the Sup1A Redundant needs to go to the Slot 2 only.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_data_sheet09186a00800887fd.html

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

PS: Please rate if it helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies