Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Certification validity

Hi Friends,

I have completed CCNP Data R&S in OCT 2012. IS there any timeframe for tshoot to be completed within so and so or as each certification has 3years of validity whether i can complete the same before SEP 2015. will it be valid.

OR

If i do some other certification in security and wireless in feb 2014.... my certification validity will extend to jan 2017 right. before Jan 2017 can i complete Tshoot ot within 3 years of R&S certifications i have to get it certified CCNP.

Please clarify... i asked many and no one could able to clarify this.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen

8 REPLIES

Hi

Anybody please clarify...

VIP Purple

Re: Regarding Certification validity

Hi naveen,
Every individual exam is valid for 3 years.

So u need to pass the other CCNP exam (tshoot)within 3 years to complete CCNP.

Otherwise u hv to do route again.

Regards
Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi

If i do CCNA security this year again it extends the validity for 3 years from the day i complete one certification.so even i can do tshoot before that 3 years.

or

For CCNP to get certify we need to complete all the papers in 3 years or not required.

VIP Purple

Hi Naveen,

There is no dead line for period between each CCNP exam , so you can take SWITCH then later take ROUTE & TSHOOT without worrying about deadlines But if Cisco Change CCNP version in this case cisco will give a dead line for completeing Current version .

Every time you pass a Professional level 642 exam (such as one from the CCNP track) by or before your CCNA expiration date, you will be recertified. For more information, including additional recertification options, visit the CCNA Recertification page.

Also, the Professional level exams are valid for 3 years from the date they are passed. Candidates have 3 years to complete all of the exam requirements for any Professional level certifcations such as CCNP. The 3 years starts as soon as a candidate passes the first exam required for that particular certification. For more information, visit the Cisco Certification Exams page.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts and mark question as answerd, it may help others.

Hi Sandeep, if i dont do CCNP TSHOOT within 3 years and do some other CCNA certification will it extend the time for me to complete TSHOOT or whatever we do we need to complete the tshoot within 3years once we complete the ROUTE exam to get CCNP certified.

Please clarify.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen

VIP Purple

Hi Naveen,

As per my knowledge:

yes there is a limitation  of 3 years by which I mean if you happen to clear your 1st paper in 2007 and do not clear any of the remaining paper in coming 3 years by 2010 your first paper will expire. Lets say if you clear 2nd paper in 2009 then again from that year you have a chance of 3 years and so on.

Basically as and when you clear papers the expiry will start form that date for coming 3 years and once you clear you all 4 papers your CCNA and CCNP will be valid for 3 year from the time you cleard your last paper in CCNP.

CCNA will not extend your time period for CCNP .

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Sandeep:Either you

Sandeep:

Either you misunderstood, or is not quite right for you said:

According to the link you include in your own post:

CISCO: "...

Placing expiration dates on exams ensures that candidates starting a multi-exam certification such as CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching, or CCDP, for example, complete the program within a specified time frame. By passing all of the required exams within the specified time period as noted above, candidates demonstrate that they are tested on current content. In situations where the period exceeds three years, candidates will need to retake those exams that expire."

So I understand that in the case of the CCNP, you have to pass 3 exams that comprise, within the single period of 3 years that you passed the last exam Cisco (CCNA, ...)

Hi Sandeep, Thanks for your

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I have done Route in Mar-2012, Switching in June 2012, So i have to complete Tshoot within June 2015 right ??

Correct me if am wrong.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content