Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

remote access 831 via VPN

Hello,

We are using 831 for remote SOHO office. It is set up with EzVPN between 831 and Cisco VPN concentrator 3030 at the hub site. I tried to HTTP access the 831 local Ethernet interface E0 via the VPN tunnel but failed. I know there is a similar problem in remote accessing the PIX firewall through the VPN tunnel because the PIX will not route packets back onto the same interface where they were originally received. Not quite sure whether it is the same for 831. Of course, for working around, I can use SSH to directly access the E1 interface via Internet.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: remote access 831 via VPN

If your PC is running Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, the VPN Login page is supported only

from Internet Explorer 5.5 (and higher) and Netscape Navigator 4.5 to 4.7.

In Microsoft Windows XP, CRWS may not work properly if invoked with Internet Explorer browser which does not have built-in Microsoft Virtual Machine (MVM). To overcome this, invoke CRWS in Netscape browser version 4.5 or 4.7x, which has built-in

support for Java and JavaScript. Please check this link for more details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps2076/prod_troubleshooting_guide09186a0080132c3c.html#1057260

Views
Helpful
Replies