Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Remote Access through proxy (LAC-LNS setup)

i'm trying to configure LNS-RAS setup using 7200 and AS5200.

Data flow (authentication):

User ---> RAS ---> LNS ---> AAA

DataFlow (Internet access after authentication)

User ---> RAS ---> LNS ---> Internet

what if i want all access to pass through a proxy first before it goes to the internet?

Data Flow (New):

User ---> RAS ---> LNS ---> Proxy ---> Internet

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Remote Access through proxy (LAC-LNS setup)

User ---> RAS ---> LNS ---> Proxy ---> Internet

On the LNS point a default route to the proxy server so that all WAN traffic goes to the proxy.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x / where x.x.x.x is the ip address of proxy server connected to LNS.

Some good config URLs:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:VPDN__Virtual_Private_Dialup_Network&viewall=true

Thanks, Mak.

So this means that if the LNS is shared, meaning some users will use proxy and some will not. (for users that will use proxy) I'll just provide static routes to the proxy and (for users that will not use proxy) i'll just point them straight to the gateway. please verify, thanks.

Silver

How is the ip addressing scheme, that is, are we assigning different ip ranges to users from different RAS ?Should be able to use policy based routing to direct users from certain source ip address to a certain next hop.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/qos_c/qcpart1/qcpolicy.htm#5530

Thanks, Mak.

different ip address blocks shall be assigned to users (since its shared). i'll check on the configurations for policy based routing. i'm on the process of testing it. give you feedback on result of test.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content