cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remote access

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a remote site dialling in to 1 of 2 3640 at my central site, both 3640 have a PRI but we have been having a few problems with them so I would like to be able to configure the remote site to dial either of the 3640's. My thinking is that if one of the 3640's is unavailable i.e. no PRI the remote site can dial the second 3640. I have tried creating two dialer profiles with one as the backup to the other; I have also tried putting two numbers in the one dialer profile but neither works.

Can anyone help ?

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

First of all, check which phone-number belongs to each PRI. Dialing the specific number of one of the PRI's should result in a connection to the attached 3640. If not, check with your telco.

In general, to use two routers for dial-in, there should be a single phonenumber that is the same on both PRI's, a so-called group-number. When one link is down, traffic will go to the other router.

I use a setup like this myself and it works very well.

If the phone-numbers are correct, check the status of each PRI.

- sh contr E1 / T1

This should give an identical result for each controller.

Hope this helps you out,

Leo

Not applicable

Leo,

Thanks for that but I am idealy looking for some solution that can be implemented at the remote site without having to get the telecom company involved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: